Below are some
of the important new features that were added in previous
Supports Restaurant Dining - Table Service and Tips Mode
- Will now save position and size of the main screen.
- Can do Multiple Vendors on Self-Generate when doing
- Tag-a-long changed when doing a saved invoice from
- When doing UPCB on Windows Narrow receipt - type
appears instead of Each.
- changed when doing UOM or UPCB - Will not show on
- When making a credit card payment in Lay-a-Way it
prints a signature line and two copies of the receipt.
- When do a payment on customer's account with mercury
and pin pad - fixed error.
- If unable to activate the Pin Pad in Mercury -
closes credit card screen.
- Secondary customer Display screen now up all of the
time. closes when Reports or Station screen comes up.
- changed when going to Hold invoice and have a
Secondary customer Display screen.
- All credit Car related screens Can now only be
closed by Buttons and not the Close - X.
- If hitting Alt-Z for serial number routine and no
serial number - now puts cursor back into search field.
- Tweaked on doing CTRL-F3 for Returns.
- When doing a Trade-In - the Hold button fires the
correct Way now.
- All hot keys correspond when the customer Secondary
screen turned on.
- Made so Special Order Can select items already in
- Tweaked the Special Orders screen.
- Default background on new Station is now
- Made a Test button for Pin Pad on the credit card
- If auto-pack of Hold Invoices after Midnight and End
Of Day is not Midnight, does not affect Holds
- Secondary customer Display screen is reset when
going to sign on as a new clerk.
- Put 2 search fields on Electric Coupon screen
- Tweaked Refresh routine
- Zip Code Demographics report now prints the city's
and state with the zip code.
- new report that shows the total Sales / Returns and
total Purchase in certain time frame,
- Now have the ability to merge customers account into
one. If for any reason a customer has been entered
twice, you Can merge those two account records in to
- When entering credit card Setup - goes to correct
Station when entering screen.
- Made sure Change Showing screen is open at least 20
- Changed REMOTE search path
- Changed so Register file is not getting hit more
than once on same day.
- Change Sign On of new Guy to change color and wait
for correct code.
- On Pro-invoice Screen, Made Binoculars search
routine honoring the Discounter.
- Added clerk on duty to Secondary customer screen.
- Added a date range to customer Purchase History
- Added a report of clerk and everything sold by the
clerk in date/time range.
- Added a report to show items that came in against a
back order during a Date - time range.
- Added a report of Open Gift Certificates and their
- Changed Open Depart Gift Certificate values
- When receiving a PO - option to print 1 shelf label
- If Secondary screen is on, auto-jump to invoice now
- Re-Print invoice now includes tax table info.
New in Version Lake 8.0 Tips
- Refreshed clerk on Pro-invoice screen and Ask Table
after a new clerk signs on when in Tips Mode.
- Setting added to not allow Tip to exceed pre-approved amount.
- Changed Tips Select at Table screen - Can now enter Names and Can open grid
with all Open Tables.
- Can enter a partial table number, click OPENS and bring up only matching.
- Hitting ESCAPE at Select Table screen Will take you to BAR Sales screen.
- On OPENS screen - goes to clerk on duty.
- If a Bar Total exceeds the pre-Auth amount - line goes red on the OPENS
- Now includes closed tickets on OPENS Screen but needs the credit card closed
with new Tips added.
- tickets closed but not posted show up as YELLOW on OPENS Screen.
- When backing out of Tip invoice with nothing on it, it is deleted.
- On open departments works during Happy Hour and does not change saved
invoice when in Tips Mode.
- Tips In and out added to invoice Log Report.
- Made sure pre-approval is being reset on new invoice.
- Tips IN and out added to Register
- Made a Way to get rid of pre-approved cards in History file that have no
line-items on them.
- New Tips out Screen
- Auto-Sign Off is running in Tips Mode - fixed so delay if clicking a button
on TABLES screen
- First Happy Hour Blue - Second red
- Made an Everyday and a-B-C-E price thing for Happy Hour - 2 times a day.
- Can now Post all OPENS credit card with closed Tables routines.
- Made so Can see All OPENS or only My OPENS
- On Pick OPENS screen, Can now filter to OPENS Only or Post only.
- Made new clerk Commission & Tip Report
- Made a new Tips out of the drawer and report routine
- Changed routine for closing out the credit card Table with Tips.
- Changed invoice Register from customer screen Showing Tip Close results.
- Inventory Special Orders have been added to the POS software.
- Can add a new customer, vendor and Inventory on the fly. Will auto-create a
Purchase Order and email the vendor. email notification is automatic to the
customer when the special order item is received.
New Tax Table with unlimited range.
New Pro-Invoice Screen
Other Important New Features from
- Auto-Backup routine when the first person signs on
for the day.
- Optional Auto–Redundancy - software will backup to another computer incase
of network failure. When server comes back on-line software will update back to
server. Optional use of Laptop computer to do remote purchasing or POS.
- Liquor Store Features Added:
- Auto Discounter for case lots of wine or liquor (Example: when customer
purchase 12 bottles of 750ML of wine a 10% discount will be applied to all the
bottles regardless of price of each SKU. Customer can set up multiple tables for
different discount routines.
- Inventory Reports now show case lots (Master-pack) with remaining open units
(Example: 12 cases / 6 Singles)
- Inventory sold reports now show sales by Unit of Measure and Gross Margin
per sales type (Example: 6 cases @ $5.99 ea GM 42%)
- New Barcode Print Routine with new enhancement for Zebra / Eltron printers
using the new EPL2 language. Allows user to create their own barcode labels with
varying information on them. Will require Zebra-Eltron Printers compatible with
EPL2. Many new labels now supported. (very slick new feature)
- Check Cashing – Allows customer to set up buttons that will discount
different check types, Match Bank name to Check Routing Number, capture customer
information with Fingerprint ID and read State Driver Licenses then match
- Optional Full Integration to QuickBooks 2003 using the new QuickBooks XML
interface. QuickBooks Certificated POS.
- Kit Prorating Feature added – allows customer to put in selling price of Kit
and DotDude will prorate the items that make up the kit to that price. However
the price stays the same for those items when selling them by themselves.
- Purchase Order Upgrades
- Now can be sent Purchase Orders through email to vendor.
- Receiving with Handheld Device in Receive from Non-Purchase Order (Direct
- New Import Routines
- You can now import Customers and Vendors
- New routine to import updated inventory information
- New screen resolution – All screens now run at 600X800 without resizing.
Makes screens appear faster and better looking
- Kitchen/Remote 40 Column Printers Added – we now support remote printing
that strips off prices on receipt. We now also allow comment or condiment
printing on remote printers.
- Floating Cashiers – Cashiers can now “Z” Out at any terminal or in Back
- New processors and upgrades added to PC Charge
- Item counter on invoice screens, update as items added to invoice.
- Manager override added to Edit Price and Discount on invoice line item if
- Can set a minimum invoice amount before an invoice will auto-print.
- Can set a minimum amount before a customer charge can happen.
- Credit Card Two can now be a user defined tender type.
- Shelf Level report with replenish routine.
- Deposit / Layaway tenders carried over on same day if invoice re-saved.
- Invoice screen with support two monitors, second screen is a customer
- Auto Email function now works without Microsoft Outlook
Home | About the POS |
Add-Ons | Call
Support | Contact Us |
How to Videos |
Make a Request |
Order Online |
Screen Shots |
Texting | What's New
| Side by Side
Copyright © 1997-2016 by DotDude.com, Inc.